A child is the greatest blessing
As most women want their child to be a product of their own body, first they prefer to try IVF treatment and Embryo transfer using their own eggs. As the gamete belongs to a third party, this is not possible and this is the main disadvantage of using donor eggs. Egg donation provides a strong chance of success and hope when compared with the options of adopting or remaining childless. This process is made more cost-effective and certain. Using donor eggs, the high rate of pregnancies from IVF, makes it a cost-effective and certain process, mainly for women with premature ovarian failure/women with severe endometriosis/for older women.
Frozen Donor Egg Program
Also offered by Iswarya Fertility Center is a frozen donor egg program in which a donee receives an egg from a donor who has already gone through egg retrieval after ovarian stimulation by the time the donee chooses her donor. From the standard egg donor program described earlier, this particular treatment strategy has a different system of operation. In India, in our centers, we have had several couples from Mauritius who have undergone donor egg IVF program successfully. Tamil couples from Srilanka, too, visit us for egg donation/ donor oocyte IVF program.
Egg Donor Procedure
The first step is to choose your donor once you decide to use donor eggs. To find a suitable match for you our Fertility Team will be able to help. With that of the donor, your menstrual cycle is synchronized. Until the eggs are ready to be retrieved the donor receives IVF stimulation. To help prepare you for the receipt of the embryo are Iswarya Fertility Specialists. Hormone replacement therapy may be prescribed for you. Once the combination of eggs with the sperm donor or your partner?s sperm takes place and an embryo forms, then the transfer takes place in the same way as IVF with non-donor eggs.
Steps in Egg Donor IVF Treatment
- Enrolling in the Egg donation program
- Screening Donor Profiles/ Frozen Donor Eggs / Egg donation Bank
- Synchronization with Donor and Recipient
- Donor Stimulation / Recipient Endometrial preparation
- Donor egg IVF / Donor Egg Freezing / ICSI
- Embryo transfer / Embryo Freezing
- Pregnancy Tests for the Recipient and Post IVF Checkup for the Donor
Who can Donate Eggs?
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
- Have a BMI 19- 26
- Have regular, monthly menstrual periods
- Psychologically healthy
- No family history of inheritable genetic disorders
- No history of drug/substance abuse
- Have both ovaries
- Non-smoker / Non-Alcoholic
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Willing to take injections
- Able to keep appointments
- Willing to be admitted and travel every day for a daycare procedure of egg retrieval.
1. If you have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
2. If your partner has male infertility issues like Oligozoospermia, Teratozoospermia or Athenozoospermia.
3. If you have premature ovarian failure
4. If you have been trying to conceive for at least two years and a cause hasn’t been found to explain why you have not become pregnant.
2. Women with unexplained fertility
3. Women with severe endometriosis
4. Couples with male factor infertility
1. Stimulation- After your baseline scans, injections will stimulate your ovaries to develop multiple eggs
2. Monitoring- Regular scans and blood test allow us to monitor your ovanan response to the drug
3. Trigger injections- When hormones are at the right levels another injection will trigger the eggs to mature
4. Egg collection and sperm collection- Eggs are collected via a needle passed through the vagina whilst you are under sedation. A semen sample is required on the day of egg collection
5. Fertilization and embryo development- Eggs and sperm are placed P an incubator to fertilize. Embryo development is monitored by CRGH embryologist
6. Embryo transfer- The best ennbryo(s) 6 /are transferred back into the uterus. Any suitable embryo not transferred can be frozen for Later use
7. Pregnancy test- Patient takes a pregnancy test 16 days after embryo transfer. At this stage we will arrange appropriate support.